Who We Are
Demeter Environmental is a multi disciplinary environmental consultancy that provides services to developers and the construction industry. We are a small tight knit organisation providing full management of all projects from start to finish, which ensures that jobs are completed on time and on budget.
We only use the best and most reliable subcontractors for drilling, engineering testing and chemical analyses.
Our work is undertaken by experienced contaminated land specialists and engineers, many of whom are on their way to becoming chartered and SiLC.
Our quality, health and safety and environmental management systems are compliant with ISO 9001, OHAS 18001 and ISO 14001 respectively.
Our continued growth is a result of our competitive rates, fast turnarounds and our liaison with all stakeholders through every stage of the project.
A full range of geoenvironmental services are offered from our Liverpool and Brighton offices, supported by our experienced staff.
We offer a complete range of geoenvironmental investigation techniques and services, including cable percussion boring (drilling in drift soils), rotary boring (for drilling in bedrock), dynamic (window) sampling and mechanical excavation, instrumentation and monitoring and in-situ tests.
Our geotechnical/contamination testing is undertaken by our UKAS accredited laboratory.
Contaminated land specialist with over 10 years experience working on contaminated land projects and is primary involved with the discharge of contaminated land planning conditions, from the initial Phase I desk study, to the Phase II site investigation and remediation/validation.
Postgraduate qualifications include an MPhil in Nuclear Structure Physics from the University of Liverpool and an MRes in Contaminated Land Management from The University of Nottingham.
Paul is adept with a number of risk assessment tools, including CLEA v1.06, RBCA, RISC, and the EA P20 worksheets.
Paul formed part of the group that that worked on the LQM/CIEH publication ‘Generic Assessment Criteria for Human health Risk Assessment 2nd Edition’
Curriculum Vitae can be accessed here
Despo Hadjikyriacou BEng(Hons) BSc(Hons) PGDip MInstP
Despo is a civil engineer with over 12 years experience working in the geotechnical/geoenvironmental sector. Despo has worked on many contaminated land projects including Phase I Desk Studies, Phase II Site Investigations and remediation/validation.
Qualifications include: BEng(Hons) in Civil Engineering from The University of Liverpool, PGDip in Physics of the Atmospheric Environment from The University of Manchester Institute of Science and Technology and BSc(Hons) in Physics from the University of Salford.
Curriculum Vitae can be accessed here
Demeter Environmental strives to provide cost effective solutions for our clients by ensuring that the clients’ needs are identified at the beginning of the project and that we have sufficient resources to undertake any work.
Our strategy is to establish and maintain long term partnerships with clients by providing services that meet with client’s objectives and by providing full communication and support to clients both during and after each project.
Our objective is to maintain a working environment where the clients and employees needs are anticipated, responded to, achieved and exceeded. We are committed to our values, which form an integral part of archiving our objective:
- We ensure that clients’ requirements/goals are understood before undertaking any work by listening to all of our clients;
- We ensure that all staff receive appropriate training to ensure that our objective can be achieved;
- We will always apply the best approach;
- We will try to identify any obstacles and act to minimise any potential problems;
- We will deal with any conflicts of interest and disagreements effectively and in a fair fashion;
- We will always handle any complaints in a transparent manner and in a method that as a minimum satisfies the client;
- We endeavour to build and maintain good client relationships;
- We will document all history with the client, so that all of our team will understand the history with the customer in order to maintain effective working relationships;
- We provide a premier service to all clients;
- We communicate openly and honestly;
- We will always keep the client informed of any changes and reasons for changes in an open and honest manner; we believe that this statement helps us to always keep the client at the forefront of our business;
- We behave honestly, responsibly and with integrity at all times;
- All employees follow our Code of Practice at all times with all of our clients;
- We ensure that the needs of our staff are taken into account.
Company Accreditation and Standards
Demeter Environmental is accredited by the following establishments, which are available to view or download :
ISO 9001:2015 – Quality Management System
ISO 9001:2015 is an internationally recognised standard for quality management, ensuring that organisations have proven processes in place to meet customer requirements. BS EN ISO 9001:2015 is the standard against which the Quality Management System (QMS) of a business is evaluated.
The quality management system provides a written system that is applied to all aspects of our business to ensure that the quality policies are achieved.
The advantages of the quality management system includes:
- policies and objectives set by ‘top management’;
- understanding customer’s requirements with a view to achieving customer satisfaction;
- improved internal and external communications;
- greater understanding of the organisation’s processes;
- understanding how statutory and regulatory requirements impact on the organisation and your customers;
- clear responsibilities and authorities agreed for all staff;
- improved use of time and resources;
- reduced wastage;
- greater consistency and traceability of products and services;
- improved morale and motivation.
ISO 45001: 2018 – Environmental Management System
We consider safety to be a vitally important aspect of both field and office based work. To ensure that we recognise all health and safety obligations to its employees and sub-contractors we undertake risk assessments and operate within company procedures for safe methods of working. Compliance is externally monitored through the ISO 14001:2004 environmental standard, which is both internal and externally audited.
ISO 45001 is an internationally recognised certificate for evaluating how well an organisation manages its environmental responsibilities.
The ISO 45001 certification demonstrates that we manage our environmental duties in a responsible manner that allows any impacts the company may have on the environment and provides documented procedures to reduce any impacts and systems to monitor the success of the procedures.
Copies of all Demeter Environmental Policy Statements can be viewed/downloaded below: